Ready. Set. Debit.
MidCountry Bank offers EMV chip debit cards for making easy, safe purchases online, by phone, in store, or to access cash at an ATM.
Checkbooks are a thing of the past.
Debit cards with EMV chip technology provide a convenient, secure way to manage your money. They can be used anywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
- Increased security and worldwide acceptance of chip enabled cards
- Purchases are debited directly from your MidCountry Bank checking account
- Access to thousands of surcharge free MoneyPass ATMs
- Fast and convenient
- Safer than carrying cash or a checkbook
- View transactions anytime with online or mobile banking
- Easy payments and deposits
- Manage debit card risk by defining how, when and where your payment card is used with CardValet
Protection for your debit card with Mastercard SecureCode®
You entrust your most important asset – your money – to us, and we do all we can to protect you both in-store and online. Mastercard SecureCode is a service that provides an extra layer of protection on your debit card.
How does it work
- If an online vendor is a Mastercard SecureCode participant (logo is displayed on the site if they are), patrons are prompted to enter their SecureCode at checkout to confirm that they are the authorized card holder.
- You enter your code, and the transaction goes through! Simple!
What if I don't have a code?
- If you have not yet registered your card and do not have a code, a link is available to Mastercard’s website to register your card.
- Once registered, you can complete the transaction and continue to use the code for any other online purchases requiring the code.
What's most important to know?
- Mastercard SecureCode protects you. It’s another layer of security to safeguard your money.
- You can register your card and create a private SecureCode on the Mastercard website. This applies to DEBIT cards only.
- The code is similar to a PIN, but is NOT your PIN. It must be 6-10 characters with at least one numeral and one letter with no spaces.